Defeating the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
Recent reports have stated that a mere 51,000 people have signed up through the ACA marketplaces. That’s a projected 2 million by the 6 month deadline, a meager drop in the bucket of the 30+ million uninsured Americans that the law is supposed to help cover.
There is disparity in the costs of the various plans in each state and what the federal government will be forced to subsidize. In Georgia, someone who earns at the 100% poverty level ($11,490) will pay only 2% of their income for health care. That amounts to about $19 per month, with the federal government picking up the tab for the rest. A medium level plan in the state of Wyoming will run $743 per month. Take out the $19 that the enrollee will pay and that leaves $724 per month that the federal government is required by the ACA to cover – to the tune of $8688 per year.
Oddly enough, the Affordable Care Act only works if 2.7 million healthy adults in the 18 to 24 age group sign up. Notice the age range and the word healthy. Without these two pieces of the puzzle, the ACA will fail – it won’t be able to pay for itself.
Insurance companies don’t like this law any more than the American people do. The best way to get Washington’s attention is by hurting a monster than can in turn unleash it’s own form of hurt on those idiots in D.C. that think they know what is best for the people that voted them into those offices. I know that some people just can’t afford to or aren’t willing to take the chance, but for those that can, I say DROP YOU INSURANCE! When the insurance company revenues dry up, we may just have our chance to get this bone-headed law repealed.
Born and raised in South Central Georgia, Donovan Adkisson is father to three fantastically smart children and husband to an awesome wife. When he's not trying to save the world by focusing on distributing information he feels that everyone should know via blogs and podcasts, he writes books, reads a lot and tries to learn everything he can on just about every subject. He also enjoys music, video games, wine and craft beer. What more could you want?
- CBS: Millions of cancellations and skyrocketing costs the big problem of ObamaCare
- Delaying Affordable Care Act start dates not so simple
- Hundreds of thousands lose insurance due to ‘Affordable’ Care Act
- Beware Insurance Pitches Disguised As Obamacare
- Mr. President, Your Health Care Law Is The Problem
- Thoughts from the “D” –12– Will There Be a Future?
- ‘Almost Human’ Probably Not Coming Back After First Season
- It doesn’t matter…you’ve been detained
- Thoughts from the “D” –11– Just Talking to Myself
- My Boring Life (MBL) #010 – Life and Death and Life Again